Thursday, May 19, 2011

Being on time

I think my previous blog post totally jinxed my day in the OT! From non-happening to completely happening...

It started all well, I woke up earlier than planned, grabbed breakfast and headed up to the OT. But then...I got scolded for being 3 minutes late... Sweet...
Don't get me wrong, I do understand the importance of being punctual and I actually put a lot of emphasis on it so I guess instead of finding 101 excuses of why I was late, I should just accept that I was slightly late and make sure that I arrive earlier.

And for some weird reason, I had decided to not properly fill my logbook and yes I got a bit scolded again! Totally my fault that I did not properly record the procedures correctly on my log sheet.

Anyway since I did not record that I performed bag-valve-mask during the days I have been in the OT, I was asked to do so on the patients who came in for ECT. I guess I should somehow be thankful because I finally managed to learn (under pressure) how to properly maintain an airway and manually ventilate a patient.

The rest of the day was quite normal if I may say so.  I observed an epidural being done and had an opportunity to observe how the anesthetist manages a patient with multiple co-morbidities, which was interesting and confusing at the same time.

My anesthesia posting is not so bad after all!

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you don't mean Occupational Therapy, what is OT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh sorry I forgot to mention that!
    OT = Operating Theater

    ReplyDelete